Speeding truck kills sr citizen, driver held
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Parvati Pagar (74) died after being run over by a speeding tanker in Chembur on Wednesday afternoon. The truck driver, Dattaram Pal (43), was subsequently arrested.
Can't offer flat to ex-wife, Adnan Sami tells HC
Mumbai: Pakistani singer Adnan Sami told the Bombay High Court Thursday that he cannot offer the flat he is residing in to his ex-wife Sabah Galadri as all his flats have been confiscated by government. He said he can't refurbish other flats in the building as he has no funds to do so.
BMC hospitals may charge more for dengue tests
Mumbai: The BMC has proposed to increase the cost of dengue tests referred from private hospitals to civic hospitals. The cost of polymerase chain reaction, also known as rapid test, will be increased from Rs 1,600 to Rs 2,500. "Sometimes, cases are referred from private hospitals to civic hospitals. The cost of these tests or samples will be increased," said Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar.
EoW summons to Ferreira in Qnet scam
The Economic Offences Wing of the Mumbai police, probing the Rs 425-crore Qnet scam, has served a summons to former billiards world champion Michael Ferreira, who is a majority stakeholder in the firm holding the India franchisee of Qnet.