SpiceJet trims losses by 32% to R163.5 crore
No-frills carrier SpiceJet on Monday narrowed its losses to Rs 163.52 crore in the September quarter helped by various cost control measures as well as a healthy 57% jump in sales.
The airline said in an exchange filing that its losses came down 32% from Rs 240.07 crore it had reported in the corresponding quarter last fiscal. The Kalanithi Maran-promoted airline's net sales rose 57% at R1,207 crore during the period under review against R766 crore a year ago. Besides a 15.9% growth in passenger numbers, the airline also clocked a 48% growth in its total departures, the airline said.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover