Afzal Guru should not be hanged: Prakash Ambedkar
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM) leader Prakash Ambedkar today said Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should not be sent to the gallows.
"Those demanding so are right wing political parties who want to consolidate their vote bank. There is no national interest in their mind," Ambedkar told PTI today.
BBM president, who is the grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, said hanging Afzal Guru would unite Kashmiri Separatists.
"Majority of Kashmiris want to be part of the Indian union. With Afzal Guru's hanging, they will doubt whether they will be part of a secular India," Ambedkar said, demanding a status quo on Afzal Guru be maintained.