Sports College gets principal, finally
- SC bans registration of diesel vehicles above 2000cc in Delhi from Jan 1
- A day after CBI raid, Kejriwal points finger at Arun Jaitley over DDCA irregularities
- What Kejriwal’s tweets set off in BJP party office and the House
- Benchmark trial done in record 9 months, wheels of justice stall in other rape cases
- Either GST or destabilising of non-BJP govts, both cannot be together: Ghulam Nabi Azad
After a long wait of almost four months, Deputy Director Sports (UP) Anil Kumar Banoda has been given additional charge of principal Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow on Wednesday.
Nirmal Singh Saini, principal/ director of the Sports College, Lucknow had retired on January 31 this year but no official was given charge for the important post all along.
Regarding the delay in naming somebody for the post, Secretary Sports (UP) Lalit Varma said, " AK Banoda has taken the additional charge today. Government decisions sometimes take time.
As secretary of the department, I was looking after the day-to-day functioning of Sports College."
Taking to The Indian Express, Banoda said that matters relating to providing better facilities to the players would be at the top in his prioritylist.
He would also give attention to issues related to the College employees.
Interestingly, Banoda, himself has been a trainee of the Sports College in football from 1978 to 1981. He went on to play in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
- Policies, reforms and infrastructure need to be redesigned
- India-Japan rail diplomacy is a setback for China’s One Belt, One Road initiative
- December 16 gangrape: Let’s be angry, let’s act
- A Saudi Arabia-Iran reconciliation alone can end Shia-Sunni conflict in West Asia
- Nobody minds their language
- Odd-even car proposal being enforced without evidence or cost-benefit analysis