Sports College gets principal, finally
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
After a long wait of almost four months, Deputy Director Sports (UP) Anil Kumar Banoda has been given additional charge of principal Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow on Wednesday.
Nirmal Singh Saini, principal/ director of the Sports College, Lucknow had retired on January 31 this year but no official was given charge for the important post all along.
Regarding the delay in naming somebody for the post, Secretary Sports (UP) Lalit Varma said, " AK Banoda has taken the additional charge today. Government decisions sometimes take time.
As secretary of the department, I was looking after the day-to-day functioning of Sports College."
Taking to The Indian Express, Banoda said that matters relating to providing better facilities to the players would be at the top in his prioritylist.
He would also give attention to issues related to the College employees.
Interestingly, Banoda, himself has been a trainee of the Sports College in football from 1978 to 1981. He went on to play in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
When asked how he will divide work now, Banoda said that from 5.00 am till 12.00 noon or so, he will be at Sports College and from 2.00 pm onwards he will be available at the Sports Directorate office.