Sports College gets principal, finally
After a long wait of almost four months, Deputy Director Sports (UP) Anil Kumar Banoda has been given additional charge of principal Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow on Wednesday.
Nirmal Singh Saini, principal/ director of the Sports College, Lucknow had retired on January 31 this year but no official was given charge for the important post all along.
Regarding the delay in naming somebody for the post, Secretary Sports (UP) Lalit Varma said, " AK Banoda has taken the additional charge today. Government decisions sometimes take time.
As secretary of the department, I was looking after the day-to-day functioning of Sports College."
Taking to The Indian Express, Banoda said that matters relating to providing better facilities to the players would be at the top in his prioritylist.
He would also give attention to issues related to the College employees.
Interestingly, Banoda, himself has been a trainee of the Sports College in football from 1978 to 1981. He went on to play in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia