Sports College gets principal, finally
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
After a long wait of almost four months, Deputy Director Sports (UP) Anil Kumar Banoda has been given additional charge of principal Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow on Wednesday.
Nirmal Singh Saini, principal/ director of the Sports College, Lucknow had retired on January 31 this year but no official was given charge for the important post all along.
Regarding the delay in naming somebody for the post, Secretary Sports (UP) Lalit Varma said, " AK Banoda has taken the additional charge today. Government decisions sometimes take time.
As secretary of the department, I was looking after the day-to-day functioning of Sports College."
Taking to The Indian Express, Banoda said that matters relating to providing better facilities to the players would be at the top in his prioritylist.
He would also give attention to issues related to the College employees.
Interestingly, Banoda, himself has been a trainee of the Sports College in football from 1978 to 1981. He went on to play in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company