Sports College gets principal, finally
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
After a long wait of almost four months, Deputy Director Sports (UP) Anil Kumar Banoda has been given additional charge of principal Guru Gobind Singh Sports College, Lucknow on Wednesday.
Nirmal Singh Saini, principal/ director of the Sports College, Lucknow had retired on January 31 this year but no official was given charge for the important post all along.
Regarding the delay in naming somebody for the post, Secretary Sports (UP) Lalit Varma said, " AK Banoda has taken the additional charge today. Government decisions sometimes take time.
As secretary of the department, I was looking after the day-to-day functioning of Sports College."
Taking to The Indian Express, Banoda said that matters relating to providing better facilities to the players would be at the top in his prioritylist.
He would also give attention to issues related to the College employees.
Interestingly, Banoda, himself has been a trainee of the Sports College in football from 1978 to 1981. He went on to play in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.