Sports Confidential: Diwali, release
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
R Ashwin skipped the final session of the final day of India's preparatory camp in Mumbai as the spinner flew back to Chennai to celebrate Diwali with his family. In Tamil Nadu, the first Diwali post wedding is a special occasion for couples and Ashwin didn't want to miss it despite the tight schedule. Meanwhile, after the camp was over, Umesh Yadav and Ajinkya Rahane let their hair down by watching the latest Bond movie, Skyfall.
Grappling with politics
Yashvir, the long-time coach of Sushil Kumar, finds himself sidelined again. The only Indian to have been given the Coach of the Year award by the world wrestling body, FILA, Yashvir is not on the panel of coaches for the upcoming camp at the SAI training centre in Sonepat, scheduled to begin on November 5. Instead, he will be supervising trainees at the Delhi-government run facility in Bawana. A Delhi government employee, he has been transferred to the Bawana facility allegedly on Sushil's father-in-law Satpal's instructions. Satpal is a deputy director in the Delhi govt's education department.