Sports meet begin at Dhakoli
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Zirakpur:Over 250 participants took part in various events like football, athletics, slow cycling race and sack race during the 2nd Sports Mela of Gulmohar Trends Society, Dhakoli. The meet was inaugurated by S. Ajaib Singh, Councillor of the Municipal Committee Dhakoli, Zirakpur. Taking note of the efforts made by the society association, S. Ajaib Singh announced cash award of Rs 31,000 for the welfare and progress of the sports activities. N.K.Sharma , member of legislative assembly (MLA), Derabassi and the Chief Parliamentary Secretary, will preside over the second day of the Sports Mela on Sunday as the chief guest.
Kabaddi WC from Dec 1
Chandigarh:A total of 16 countries have confirmed their participation in the 15-day long 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Punjab at different venues of the state from December 1 to 15. Also, for the first time, teams from European and African countries will take part in the meet. In the women section, seven countries including hosts India, Canada, Denmark, England, Turkmenistan, USA and Malaysia, would vie for Rs. 1.43 crore prize money. The prize money for women event has been doubled from Rs. 25 lakh to 51 lakh for the winner, Rs 15 lakh to 31 lakh for the runners-up and Rs 10 to 21 lakh for the third position. In men's category, the prize money has been doubled to Rs. 2 crore for winner, Rs. 1 crore for runners-up and Rs. 51 lakh for the third position. The opening would take place at Bathinda on December 1.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating