Sports round-up: Deccan Gymkhana clinch water polo title
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
Deccan Gymkhana 'A' won the water polo championship conducted during the Annual Aquatic Gala by virtue of winning the maximum matches in the Super League. On the first game of the day, Deccan Gymkhana defeated Thane 13-10 in an engrossing game. Devendra Joshi and Gaurav Mahajani scored thrice for Deccan while Rohit Barve, Adit Kembhavi and Kunal Vankudre scored twice. Nimish Nijampurkar scored one goal. For Thane, Sanket Shinde scored seven goals, Uday Uttekar scored 2 goals and Nitin Shete scored one goal. In the second match played between Raigad and PM Hindu Bath, Raigad ran out 7-6 winners. Akshay Kunde was the star with four goals. Sumit Gavhane with three goals was PM Hindu Bath's best player. However, PM Hindu Bath rallied to crush Thane 12-5 in the next game with Arjun Kawale and Mohnish Patel scoring four goals each. Uday Uttekar banged in three goals in a losing cause for Thane. In the final match of the day, Deccan Gymkhana beat Raigad 5-4 in a close match.
PDMBA to conduct umpire's course
The Pune District Metropolitan Badminton Association will conduct a Level 1 certification course for badminton umpires. The course will commence on December 9 and conclude on 27 January. It will be conducted at the Modern PDMBA sports complex on every Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm. Any individual who has completed 18 years of age and has a reasonable knowledge of the game can apply. The course fee is Rs 250. The course will cover all aspects regarding badminton technical aspects such as the laws of badminton, on court umpiring, table Co-ordination and knowledge of tournament software amongst other things.
Zope spins Maharashtra
u-19 to victory
The Maharashtra u-19 team completed a comprehensive victory over Punjab in their opening match of the Cooch Behar trophy. Punjab who batted first could manage only 181 runs in their first innings. Off-spinner Jagdish Zope snapped up five wickets which Shamsuzuma Kazi picked up three wickets. In reply, Maharashtra riding on Shubham Ranjane's 79 runs and Rahul Sharma's 59 run knock posted 246 taking a lead of 65 runs. Punjab's second innings was clinically cut short by the impressive Zope, as he picked up another five wicket haul. Shamsuzuma Kazi picking up five wickets. Maharashtra who had to chase 35 runs for victory, chased down the target in 19.4 overs losing the wicket of Amol Salvi.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA