Sports round-up: Poonawala Multi-Million today
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
The 24th edition of the Poonawalla Multi-Million will be begin today at the Mahalaxmi Race Course in Mumbai. The Grade I race, which is the richest juvenile race will have a prize money of Rs 15 million. The winner will take away a trophy and a purse of Rs 2 lakh. The race which made its debut in 1990 was based on the concept of providing a boost to breeding and horse racing and was instituted by Dr Cyrus and Zavaray Poonawalla. In addition, the race will also feature the 'Contest of Skill' which is a regular at the races. The contest as usual will involve race goers predicting the top four winners. A lucky draw will determine the winners of the race.
Nadhe shines in Symphony win
Symphony's batsman Amit Nadhe hit a boundary on the last ball to guide his side to a four wicket win over Siemens in the opening match of the Inter-IT T20 Cup Cricket tournament. The tournament's opening match was played at Nehru Stadium. Chasing 157, set by Siemens, Abhijeet Pahilwan scored 46 and laid the platform for Symphony. In the last over, Symphony needed eight runs. In the first four balls Siemens gave away only two runs. On the fifth ball Amit Nadhe scored two runs, and on the last ball he hit the boundary over fine leg to register an exciting win. In another match, Manoj Silvarajan, bowled extremely well as took five wickets for just 15 runs and helped Fiserv to a 34 runs victory over Atos.
Shivajians, Phoenix, Sukhoi advance
DSK Shivajians, Phoenix SC and Sukhai FC made it to the semi-finals of the third Division Pune Football Tournament organised by Pune District Football Association (PDFA) at the Dobarwadi ground in Hadapsar. In the quarter finals played today Phoenix scored a 3-0 win over. New India Soccer Club(NISC). Sukhai FC edged past FC Joseph 6-5 in the tiebreaker , while DSK Shivajians B edged out Krantiveer Lahuji Vastad Salve Ekta (KLVSE) 4-3 also in the tie-break. In the second division league match Elaan FC drew 2-2 with Commandos FC. Suarbah Chaure and Vinayak Srivastav scored for Elaan FC, while Christopher Monseriatt scored two goal for Commandos FC.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.