Sports round-up: Poonawala Multi-Million today
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
The 24th edition of the Poonawalla Multi-Million will be begin today at the Mahalaxmi Race Course in Mumbai. The Grade I race, which is the richest juvenile race will have a prize money of Rs 15 million. The winner will take away a trophy and a purse of Rs 2 lakh. The race which made its debut in 1990 was based on the concept of providing a boost to breeding and horse racing and was instituted by Dr Cyrus and Zavaray Poonawalla. In addition, the race will also feature the 'Contest of Skill' which is a regular at the races. The contest as usual will involve race goers predicting the top four winners. A lucky draw will determine the winners of the race.
Nadhe shines in Symphony win
Symphony's batsman Amit Nadhe hit a boundary on the last ball to guide his side to a four wicket win over Siemens in the opening match of the Inter-IT T20 Cup Cricket tournament. The tournament's opening match was played at Nehru Stadium. Chasing 157, set by Siemens, Abhijeet Pahilwan scored 46 and laid the platform for Symphony. In the last over, Symphony needed eight runs. In the first four balls Siemens gave away only two runs. On the fifth ball Amit Nadhe scored two runs, and on the last ball he hit the boundary over fine leg to register an exciting win. In another match, Manoj Silvarajan, bowled extremely well as took five wickets for just 15 runs and helped Fiserv to a 34 runs victory over Atos.
Shivajians, Phoenix, Sukhoi advance
DSK Shivajians, Phoenix SC and Sukhai FC made it to the semi-finals of the third Division Pune Football Tournament organised by Pune District Football Association (PDFA) at the Dobarwadi ground in Hadapsar. In the quarter finals played today Phoenix scored a 3-0 win over. New India Soccer Club(NISC). Sukhai FC edged past FC Joseph 6-5 in the tiebreaker , while DSK Shivajians B edged out Krantiveer Lahuji Vastad Salve Ekta (KLVSE) 4-3 also in the tie-break. In the second division league match Elaan FC drew 2-2 with Commandos FC. Suarbah Chaure and Vinayak Srivastav scored for Elaan FC, while Christopher Monseriatt scored two goal for Commandos FC.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer