- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Ball kids selection for Royal Indian Open today
Selection of ball kids for the Royal Indian Open, slated to kick off on November 1 at the Balewadi Sports Complex, will be held on Sunday between 4pm to 5pm at the PYC Hindu Gymkhana tennis courts. The chief official of the Royal Indian Open, Leena Nageshkar, will conduct the trials. Trials are open for children between the age of 11 to 16 years. The selected children will get an opportunity to interact with players participating in the tournament and watch them from close quarters.
PDMBA to launch coaches training course
The Poona District Metropolitan Badminton Association (PDMBA) has developed a training course for coaches on a pilot project basis. The level 1 coaches training course will offer present players and past players to become certified coaches. The certificate programme will include a standard pattern of badminton training. The course includes instruction in coaching the basic badminton strokes, footwork and stance. The PDMBA has announced that it will evaluate the progress and the response to the program at the culmination of the first batch and will then launch higher level course.
Workshop for boxing referees on October 30
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2