Sports should be kept out of political protest: Pak team
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Sports should be kept free of political protests, the women's cricket team from Pakistan said today in a reference to large-scale protest against their country's participation in the ongoing ICC Women's World Cup tournament.
'Be it Kabadi, hockey or cricket, games should be out of other matters,' Bashir Ali, manager of Pakistan women's cricket team, said on arrival here from Cuttack on way back to his country.
ICC shifted the Group B match of the tournament to Cuttack at the last minute due to stiff opposition to Pakistani team in Mumbai.
As the matches were fixed at the eleventh hour, the Pakistani team was put up in OCA Club in Barabati stadium in Cuttack.
Pakistan Team captain Sana Mir was all praise for the hospitality, saying żI cannot forget the hospitality offered by the Odisha Cricket Association."
Terming her team's serial defeat in the tournament as 'not pleasant', Sana Mir said they had worked very hard for the last few years for the World Cup.