Sports should be kept out of political protest: Pak team
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
Sports should be kept free of political protests, the women's cricket team from Pakistan said today in a reference to large-scale protest against their country's participation in the ongoing ICC Women's World Cup tournament.
'Be it Kabadi, hockey or cricket, games should be out of other matters,' Bashir Ali, manager of Pakistan women's cricket team, said on arrival here from Cuttack on way back to his country.
ICC shifted the Group B match of the tournament to Cuttack at the last minute due to stiff opposition to Pakistani team in Mumbai.
As the matches were fixed at the eleventh hour, the Pakistani team was put up in OCA Club in Barabati stadium in Cuttack.
Pakistan Team captain Sana Mir was all praise for the hospitality, saying żI cannot forget the hospitality offered by the Odisha Cricket Association."
Terming her team's serial defeat in the tournament as 'not pleasant', Sana Mir said they had worked very hard for the last few years for the World Cup.