Spot-fixing: As it all sinks in, Sreesanth breaks down in tears, 'accepts mistake'
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Around 12.30 pm, Sreesanth was allowed a meeting with his brother and a lawyer. The meeting, sources said, lasted about 50 minutes. Sreesanth's brother brought him food from home, but Sreesanth ate very little. He kept breaking down in tears, sources said.
"He sat on the chair, and leaned across the table, his head in his hands, crying. He is opening up now, and has accepted his mistake. Although he claims he did so only on the advice of bookie Jiju," said an officer.