Spot-fixing: More players and teams under scanner, probe reveals details
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
According to police, Chandila assured Patel that he would involve other bowlers. He called two of his team mates but they did show up at the party, a police officer claimed.
Another party was hosted in Jaipur on April 8 after the match between Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders. It was at this party that Chandila roped in Chavan and they struck a deal with Patel, the officer claimed. Phone numbers of bookies were exchanged.
The officer claimed that Sreesanth had a conduit in Jiju Janardanan, a fellow cricketer and friend. During questioning, Sreesanth said he was unaware about Jiju's association with Patel. But Chavan and Chandila, the officer claimed, told police that Sreesanth knew who he was doing it for.
BY PRAWESH LAMA & SHALINI NARAYAN