Spouses of ministers can now fly at your expense
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The state government extended Thursday air travel concessions to wives of ministers. Minister for parliamentary affairs Harshvardhan Patil moved a Bill to the effect. Each minister is entitled to 32 flight coupons for to and fro journeys. Now, their spouses will also get the benefit.
Ministers and spouses can now travel by AC first-class instead of first-class.
In another decision, the government increased salaries of personal assistants to ministers from Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions