Spouses of ministers can now fly at your expense
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
The state government extended Thursday air travel concessions to wives of ministers. Minister for parliamentary affairs Harshvardhan Patil moved a Bill to the effect. Each minister is entitled to 32 flight coupons for to and fro journeys. Now, their spouses will also get the benefit.
Ministers and spouses can now travel by AC first-class instead of first-class.
In another decision, the government increased salaries of personal assistants to ministers from Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign