Spy films spice up upcoming Bollywood line-up
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The success of films like 'Madras Cafe' and 'D-Day' seem to have encouraged Bollywood's intrigue with sleuths as the industry has a number of spy movies lined up that range from straight espionage adventures to action comedies.
Many top actors and directors are teaming up for several gritty, realistic or comedic spy films, which has been a favourite genre for Bollywood filmmakers.
After the success of 'Barfi', Ranbir Kapoor and director Anurag Basu are getting together again - this time for sleuth film 'Jagga Jasoos'.
According to the makers, this film would be along the lines of "Sherlock Homes" meets "Austin Powers", a typical Bollywood entertainer with right dose of action, comedy and music to cater to popular taste.
Ranbir and Anurag would jointly produce the film under a new banner called Picture Shuru Productions. The film will also star Katrina Kaif and Govinda and will begin shooting in November.
"We are making franchise films. we are trying to make a big film like 'Sherlock Homes' meets 'Austin Powers'... it is going to be an entertaining film," Ranbir said.
Known to pull off heroine centric films with elan, Vidya Balan has also given a nod to the Dia Mirza's production venture 'Bobby Jasoos'. The actress, who is being hailed as 'India's first lady detective', said she is happy to do something a la James Bond in the film.
"I am thrilled to be lady James Bond. The film will mark the arrival of India's first lady detective and I am quite happy to be a part of it," Vidya said.
Shooting will start early next year and the film is set for a 2014 release.
Actor Rajeev Khandelwal will play a detective in the upcoming suspense drama "Samrat and Co", being produced by Kavita Barjatya of Rajshri Productions and directed by Kaushik Ghatak. Rajiv has begun shooting for the film and it will hit theatres mid 2014.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun