Squad formed to curb eve-teasing
- LIVE: Our ties as ancient as history, PM tells members of Afghan parliament
- Nigeria: Gas tanker truck fire kills more than 100 people
- PM Modi signs deal with Russia to ‘Make in India’ n-reactor parts, 226 helicopters
- Seventh pay panel: Delay salary hikes, 5 states tell Centre
- Mob doused house with kerosene, warned us: Dadri victim’s daughter
An anti eve-teasing squad named Nirbhaya Pathak was launched by citizen's group Vande Mataram Sanghatana and a city-based NGO Sarhad on Friday. The squads will consist of school and college students, who will form a link between local police chowkies and students for reporting crime against girl students. The squad was launched in the presence of additional director general (Prisons) Meeran Borwankar in a function at SM Joshi Hall. Retired senior police inspector Dattatray Temghare is the coordinator of the squad.
Borwankar said, "Instead of pointing fingers at others, we have to come forward and collaborate."
- Why so many students are at the mercy of the private sector
- Can the House deal with disruption instead of being held hostage to it?
- Romancing the jihad
- Diary item: A trip to Matintoli
- The court has misread the constitutional right to adult suffrage
- Rajya Sabha has failed in its role as a delaying chamber for unwise legislation