Sreesanth rant reopens 'slapgate' controversy with explosive claims
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
Five years after the infamous 'slapgate', one of the protagonists of the drama, S Sreesanth, today made an explosive claim, saying the entire incident was planned and that his former India teammate Harbhajan Singh was a "backstabbing person".
The temperamental Sreesanth made a series of revelations on the 2008 incident on his twitter page today, creating a fresh controversy in the high-profile IPL.
"To be whr Iam ..I ve no complaints..but now I want u All to know the truth. He (Bhajji) never Slapped me. the video will show u all..wt he did," Sreesanth wrote in a series of expletives-laden tweets.
"All blamed me for getting emotional ..??c mon who doesn't get emotional whn u know the person who u worship is a backstabbing person Nd ..," he tweeted.
"Disgusting ..that's all I can say..u should get hold of the video..them u all will know te truth..wht he did is completely out of control," he said.
Sreesanth, who is currently playing for Rajasthan Royals, demanded that the videotape of the incident be made public.
Harbhajan declined to comment on Sreesanth's version of the incident. "No comments. I don't want to make any comments," Harbhajan told said when asked to react to Sreesanth's claims.
Sreesanth also claimed that Harbhajan did not slap him but elbowed him.
"I want the world to c it..Whn I went to shake hands after the match..he had lost it..he had already planned to hit me(elbow me)all his anger" he said.
"It's not my fault at all ..Nd I keep getting compared to all this bull s##*..whn ever anything bad happens in ipl or cricket match..crazy
"Nd whn u start to c the big change in person who u trust so much..the World comes down ..that's wht happ..;He Never slapped me," Sreesanth added.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past