Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali shot at by unidentified gunmen
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali has been shot at by unidentified gunmen in the national capital, police said today.
Shaukatali, a columnist in The Sunday Leader newspaper, was fired at by three people at his guest house in the Colombo suburb of Mount Lavinia around midnight, they said.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Kalubowila hospital.
The motive of the attack is not known.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed