Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali shot at by unidentified gunmen
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali has been shot at by unidentified gunmen in the national capital, police said today.
Shaukatali, a columnist in The Sunday Leader newspaper, was fired at by three people at his guest house in the Colombo suburb of Mount Lavinia around midnight, they said.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Kalubowila hospital.
The motive of the attack is not known.
Shaukatali is a columnist in The Sunday Leader which was in the past known for its anti-government content. Its founder editor Lasantha Wickrematunga was killed in early 2009.