Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali shot at by unidentified gunmen
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali has been shot at by unidentified gunmen in the national capital, police said today.
Shaukatali, a columnist in The Sunday Leader newspaper, was fired at by three people at his guest house in the Colombo suburb of Mount Lavinia around midnight, they said.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Kalubowila hospital.
The motive of the attack is not known.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi