Sri Lankan navy arrests 27 Indian fishermen
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Sri Lankan Navy has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized their four trawlers after accusing them of fishing inside the country's maritime area.
Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the Indians were arrested last night for "poaching inside Sri Lanka international maritime border limits (IMBL) off the eastern coast".
The boats and the trawlers would be handed over to the police in the harbour town of Trincomalee today for further action, the Navy said.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU