Sri Lankan navy arrests 27 Indian fishermen
- Congress demands 'unqualified apology' from Swaraj for charges against Rajiv Gandhi
- Naved a Pakistani, enough evidence to prove it: NIA
- PM Modi to NDA MPs: 'Expose Congress, they want to save family, we want to save country'
- Rahul immature, Congress' act in Parliament a lesson for India: Jaitley
- Maggi ban quashed, Bombay HC orders fresh testing of noodle samples
Sri Lankan Navy has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized their four trawlers after accusing them of fishing inside the country's maritime area.
Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the Indians were arrested last night for "poaching inside Sri Lanka international maritime border limits (IMBL) off the eastern coast".
The boats and the trawlers would be handed over to the police in the harbour town of Trincomalee today for further action, the Navy said.