Sri Lankan navy arrests 27 Indian fishermen
- Pakistan Rangers delegation arrives in India, DG-level talks on border today
- BJP vs Sena in Mumbai; Uddhav says will ensure there is no ban on meat
- Five-phase Bihar polls from Oct 12, counting on Nov 8
- What are Gold Bond and Gold Monetisation schemes?
- Govt drops plans for special Parliament session on GST bill
Sri Lankan Navy has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized their four trawlers after accusing them of fishing inside the country's maritime area.
Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the Indians were arrested last night for "poaching inside Sri Lanka international maritime border limits (IMBL) off the eastern coast".
The boats and the trawlers would be handed over to the police in the harbour town of Trincomalee today for further action, the Navy said.