Sri Lankan navy arrests 27 Indian fishermen
- Multiple cities put on high alert amid terror threat
- With BJP raising ‘the enemy within’, silent opposition pushed to the wall
- NJAC case: Factor in merit, integrity in choosing judges, Government tells SC
- Vijay Mallya default case: Debt Recovery Tribunal to pass order today
- Pak NSA warned Doval of 26/11-type hit on Shivratri
Sri Lankan Navy has arrested 27 Indian fishermen and seized their four trawlers after accusing them of fishing inside the country's maritime area.
Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the Indians were arrested last night for "poaching inside Sri Lanka international maritime border limits (IMBL) off the eastern coast".
The boats and the trawlers would be handed over to the police in the harbour town of Trincomalee today for further action, the Navy said.
- In JNU, as in HCU, gullible students are being targeted by forces inimical to the country
- Haryana government must remember: Investors stay away when property can’t be secured
- Despite Oli’s claim that he went to Delhi with no list, the trip is being scrutinised
- The petroleum industry is in poor shape. Budget 2016 fails to lay out a clear roadmap
- There is an opportunity for a global treaty to balance security concerns and privacy
- The way to improve the farmer’s income is to improve his non-farm income.