Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temple 'hundi' fetches Rs 23.31 lakh
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
The 'hundi' collection at Sri Satyanarayana Swamy temple of Annavaram village, fetched Rs 23.31 lakh for the last 15 days, temple sources said here today.
The 'hundi' collection for the last 15 days was Rs 23,31,585, and the amount was calculated in the presence of Executive Officer P Venkateswarlu and Chairman I V Ramkumar yesterday.
The 'hundi' collection includes 14 grams of gold, 195 grams silver and foreign currency includes dollars, he said.
Annavaram is a village situated on the banks of Pampa river in Andhra Pradesh's East Godavari district and it was a distance of 72 kms from Rajahmundry.
Most people from Andhra Pradesh perform 'Satyanarayana Vrata' during house warming ceremonies and marriages.