Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temple 'hundi' fetches Rs 23.31 lakh
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The 'hundi' collection at Sri Satyanarayana Swamy temple of Annavaram village, fetched Rs 23.31 lakh for the last 15 days, temple sources said here today.
The 'hundi' collection for the last 15 days was Rs 23,31,585, and the amount was calculated in the presence of Executive Officer P Venkateswarlu and Chairman I V Ramkumar yesterday.
The 'hundi' collection includes 14 grams of gold, 195 grams silver and foreign currency includes dollars, he said.
Annavaram is a village situated on the banks of Pampa river in Andhra Pradesh's East Godavari district and it was a distance of 72 kms from Rajahmundry.
Most people from Andhra Pradesh perform 'Satyanarayana Vrata' during house warming ceremonies and marriages.