Sridevi approached for Amol Gupte's 'Hawaa Hawaai'
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Bollywood star Sridevi might do a cameo in Amol Gupte's upcoming film 'Hawaa Hawaai', titled on one of her most famous dance number from yesteryear hit film 'Mr India'.
The 50-year-old made a successful comeback on silver screen with 'English Vinglish' almost after a gap of 15 years in 2012.
Recently Fox Star Studios sent feelers to Sridevi to make a special appearance in Gupte's upcoming film but her decision is pending.
"The makers strongly feel that she should be a part of the film since its very name is derived from one of Sridevi's hit songs. Her shoot is being planned for January. She will be seen in a few scenes. However, she is yet to give her nod to the cameo," sources said.
The popular song -- 'Kehte Hain Mujhko Hawa Hawai' – from the 1987 film, earned Sridevi the tag of Miss Hawa Hawai.
An out-and-out masala movie 'Hawaa Hawaai' stars Amole's son Partho Gupte and Saqib Saleem.