Sridevi takes keen interest in step-son Arjun Kapoor's 'Aurangzeb'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Arjun Kapoor's step mom Sridevi is reportedly taking keen interest in his career and is really excited about his new film Aurangzeb.
According to reports, Sridevi makes sure that her producer husband Boney Kapoor spends quality time with Arjun and Anshula, children from his first wife Mona, as he does with Khushi and Jhanvi.
Boney Kapoor says he has a double reason to feel proud. "On the one hand Sridevi is doing so well for herself getting recognition from places that she deserves. On the other hand, my son Arjun Kapoor's second film Aurangzeb is ready for release and it's getting the kind of attention that very few films have done lately. Next to Ranbir Kapoor and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, it's my son Arjun in Aurangzeb who has received the maximum hits on the internet."
"We've never been happier,": he said.
Boney says, "Why should I not be proud of my wife? You name me one other actress who has had a 40-year innings as an actress and made a comeback like she did. Do you know English Vinglish has earned $5 million worldwide. It was released in Hong Kong in March where it has become the second-most successful Hindi film after 3 Idiots. For a heroine-centric film that's quite an achievement. Do you know Sridevi is the only actress to have played the lead with two generation of actors in the South and North. In Telugu cinema she has starred opposite both N T Rama Rao and his son. In Bollywood she has worked opposite both Dharmendra and Sunny Deol. I feel she should have got the Padma Shri long back. But never mind. We're celebrating her success belatedly."
On Monday evening in Chennai, Sridevi's sister Latha threw a party in honour of Sridevi.
The night before on Sunday, Sridevi and Boney were in Hyderabad to attend a party in Sridevi's honour hosted by her cousin Maheshwari.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi