Srinagar records first sub-zero temperature of season
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Cold wave tightened its grip in Kashmir as Srinagar city recorded first sub-zero night temperature of the season, MET Department said.
The night temperature in Srinagar went below freezing point for the first time this season, with the mercury settling at minus 0.7 degree Celsius, a MET Department official said.
Pahalgam, in south Kashmir, was the coldest place in Kashmir valley with the minimum temperature of minus 4.0 degrees Celsius, two degrees down from the previous night's minus 2.0 degrees Celsius.
The ski-resort of Gulmarg registered the temperature at minus 3.4 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, he said.
The night temperatures in other parts of the Valley also settled below freezing point with Kokernag registering the temperature at minus 0.4 degree Celsius, Kupwara minus 1.4 degree Celsius and Qazigund minus 0.8 degree Celsius.
Kargil was the coldest recorded place in the state with the mercury settling at a low of minus 7.6 degrees Celsius.
Leh recorded a temperature of minus 5.7 degrees Celsius, as compared to the previous night's minus 7.1 degrees Celsius.
The MET Department has forecast mainly dry weather across Kashmir division over the next 24 hours.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18