SRK gets away as Cong protects him: Thackeray
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Targeting Shah Rukh Khan over the incident at Wankhede stadium, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray claimed today that the actor can get away with such acts as he enjoys "Congress protection".
"The actor was detained for four-five hours at a US airport... he was frisked. But he does not find anything wrong and keeps going to the US to get humiliated. However, in India, Shah Rukh quarrels with a poor security guard... he can do such acts and get away because he has the Congress protection," said Thackeray in the editorial in party mouthpiece Saamna.
"Shah Rukh is a good actor... but his behaviour at parties, public events is controversial. Recently Saif Ali Khan too behaved this way. Perhaps that's why the Centre gave him Padma Shri. In that case, Shah Rukh deserves a bigger honour... maybe as President-nominated MP," he said.
The editorial also compared Shah Rukh to other actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan. "None of these celebrities every get drunk and create scenes at such public functions. This is because they have a social connect and responsibility," it said, advising Shah Rukh that "instead of touching Bachchan's feet, you should introspect why his feet are still on the ground."
The editorial added that if Shah Rukh felt the security guards had misbehaved with him or his children, he should have complained to the authorities at Wankhede Stadium.
Criticising the Mumbai Cricket Association, Thackeray said: "Those who spoke of imposing a life ban on the actor ultimately settled only for five years. This ban may get reduced to five minutes. You never know... tomorrow MCA may face the ban."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today