SRK in Jalandhar, visits Yash Chopra’s college
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Actor Shah Rukh Khan visited Phagwara and Jalandhar on Wednesday to pay tribute to Yash Chopra, late filmmaker and the director of his next release Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
Chopra, who hails from Jalandhar, also studied at the Doaba College and used to donate Rs 1 lakh to the college every year. He even got made a studio built in the college.
Accompanied by actors Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, Khan told mediapersons in Phagwara: "It was Yashji's last wish to start the film's promotion from Jalandhar. But we are here to promote the film but to pay tribute to him by fulfilling his last wish."
Asked whether his next movie, which is set for a Diwali release, has a Punjab link, Khan said: "All movies made by Yash Chopra has a Punjabi touch and this movie is no exception to the rule... I love Punjab as it is beautiful but the people here are even more beautiful."
"It was Yashji who told me that I must do romantic movies to be successful. That was the turning point in my life and I re-invented myself in romantic roles... We still cannot believe that Yashji will not be there at the premier of the film but we will celebrate his death with his family," said Khan, while adding that he owed his career and success to Chopra and was indebted to his family.