SRK security restored, not ‘linked’ to Malik statement
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
Actor Shah Rukh Khan's security, which had been withdrawn over a month ago, was restored on Sunday after reviewing the threat to him but it has nothing to do with the statement of Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik, the police said on Tuesday.
"Shah Rukh Khan's security was withdrawn over a month ago. His controversial interview to the media and Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist group founder Hafiz Saeed's invitation to the actor to stay in Pakistan has prompted us to review his security. His security has been restored on Sunday," a senior police officer told PTI. "Subsequently, there were reports that the actor was upset with the LeT founder's comments," the officer said, adding "one police constable will be deployed for the actor's security during day and another during night".