SRK security restored, not ‘linked’ to Malik statement
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
Actor Shah Rukh Khan's security, which had been withdrawn over a month ago, was restored on Sunday after reviewing the threat to him but it has nothing to do with the statement of Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik, the police said on Tuesday.
"Shah Rukh Khan's security was withdrawn over a month ago. His controversial interview to the media and Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist group founder Hafiz Saeed's invitation to the actor to stay in Pakistan has prompted us to review his security. His security has been restored on Sunday," a senior police officer told PTI. "Subsequently, there were reports that the actor was upset with the LeT founder's comments," the officer said, adding "one police constable will be deployed for the actor's security during day and another during night".
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota