Morocco's love overwhelms Shah Rukh Khan
- LIVE Netaji files: PM Modi declassifies 100 files on Subhash Chandra Bose
- Anti-national Rohith to Mother India son Rohith: Why the shift
- NIA arrests 13 Islamic State sympathisers in 'anti-terror' crackdown
- Rohith Vemula suicide: Police ready to move in, students set for face-off
- Live, Ind vs Aus, 5th ODI: Dhawan, Rohit get India off to flying start
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is no new to witnessing an enormous crowd wherever he goes but a recent visit to Marrakech, Morocco left the actor overwhelmed after seeing the number of people who had gathered to catch a glimpse of him.
The 47-year-old attended the 12th Marrakech International Film Festival, where he was bestowed with the Medal of Honor by the Prince of Morocco.
More than 50,000 gathered outside the venue as soon as they came to know that SRK would be walking down the red carpet for the film festival.
People were standing till wee hours, under heavy security and extreme cold weather just to catch a glimpse of the 'King Khan'.
The "Dilwale Dhulania Le Jayenge" star was touched by the sight and left his security at the red carpet just to jump up on the podium and wave at the people present there.
The security men didn't realise when SRK left them and stood on the podium to send flying kisses to all.
"I went to Marrakech Film Festival because of the people there and their constant love I have got in all these years. I went there to tell them that I love them too and I am blessed to receive their love.
"The sight of that crowd at Jemaa el-Fna was very overwhelming. They waited to cheer me on, how could I not spend a little time with them. That's the least I could have done," Shah Rukh said.