SSA staff to be appointed online too
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Following the online selection procedure for primary teachers, the directorate of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (SSA) has also decided to make the process of appointment of staff members online. The director, SSA has suspended the appointment procedure of 60,000 staff, including 40,000 part-time instructors under SSA, awaiting the completion of online software for the procedure. "We had to begin the procedure of appointment by November 5. But, like teachers' appointments, we wanted these appointments to be online so that chances of bungling are reduced," said Atul Kumar, director, SSA. "We will begin the appointment procedure once again by the end of November," he added. Under the SSA, the state government had to employ part-time instructors, physical education teachers, teachers for Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Special Educators for disabled children as well as computer assistants and assistant accountants for block resource centres in all the blocks on contract basis.