SSA staff to be appointed online too
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Following the online selection procedure for primary teachers, the directorate of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (SSA) has also decided to make the process of appointment of staff members online. The director, SSA has suspended the appointment procedure of 60,000 staff, including 40,000 part-time instructors under SSA, awaiting the completion of online software for the procedure. "We had to begin the procedure of appointment by November 5. But, like teachers' appointments, we wanted these appointments to be online so that chances of bungling are reduced," said Atul Kumar, director, SSA. "We will begin the appointment procedure once again by the end of November," he added. Under the SSA, the state government had to employ part-time instructors, physical education teachers, teachers for Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Special Educators for disabled children as well as computer assistants and assistant accountants for block resource centres in all the blocks on contract basis.