SSC, HSC results declared, Pune betters state avg
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Results of the winter examination for Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) held in September-October 2012 were declared on Wednesday by the state board on its website.
In SSC, the state recorded a pass percentage of 14.61, while the Pune division fared slightly better at 17.53 per cent. Latur division recorded the lowest pass percentage with 9.26 per cent. About 2,23,376 students had registered for the examination out of which 2,20,803 students appeared for the examination across 576 examination centres in the state. From the Pune division, around 24,164 students appeared for the examination of which 4,236 succeeded in clearing it.
For HSC 1,89, 134 students were registered out of which 1,72,543 appeared for the exam and 32,831 candidates cleared it with a pass percentage of 19.03. Pune division recorded a pass percentage of 20.74 per cent. In both the examinations, girls performed better than boys. The pass percentage for boys in the Pune Division was 17.23 and 19.67, while that of girls was 18.23 and 23.71 for SSC and HSC respectively.
The board officials said that students should contact the respective schools and colleges on December 3 at 3 pm to collect a hard copy of their marksheets. Students who are interested in revaluating their answer sheets will have to apply to their respective divisions with an application fee and copy of the marksheet on December 4.
Students also wanting to get a copy of their answer sheets should send their applications to the respective divisional offices between November 29 and December 18 along with a photo copy of their marksheet. The application forms are also available on the board website, officials added.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held