SSC, HSC students can board buses from front door: BEST
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) undertaking has permitted students appearing for their SSC and HSC board examinations to board buses from the front door during the period of their examinations while traveling from their residence to the exam centre.
The BEST has also made a provision for all students who have a concessional bus pass for travel between their residence and school to also avail of a concession on bus tickets between their residence and examination centre. The HSC state board exams will begin on February 21, while SSC exams will begin on March 2.
Pipeline bursts hit water supply
Water supply was disrupted in parts of the city on Tuesday after three water pipeline bursts. The first incident was reported at Agripada in Vakola around 6 am, while the other leakages were reported in Khareghat Colony in Malabar Hill and Kurla in the afternoon curtailing water flow in the areas, said an official from hydraulics department of BMC. "We supplied water through alternative sources to the affected areas for nearly an hour-and-a-half. Water supply was affected in Vakola, Kalina and adjoining areas," he said, adding the BMC started repair work soon after receiving the complaints.