SSC, HSC students can board buses from front door: BEST
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) undertaking has permitted students appearing for their SSC and HSC board examinations to board buses from the front door during the period of their examinations while traveling from their residence to the exam centre.
The BEST has also made a provision for all students who have a concessional bus pass for travel between their residence and school to also avail of a concession on bus tickets between their residence and examination centre. The HSC state board exams will begin on February 21, while SSC exams will begin on March 2.
Pipeline bursts hit water supply
Water supply was disrupted in parts of the city on Tuesday after three water pipeline bursts. The first incident was reported at Agripada in Vakola around 6 am, while the other leakages were reported in Khareghat Colony in Malabar Hill and Kurla in the afternoon curtailing water flow in the areas, said an official from hydraulics department of BMC. "We supplied water through alternative sources to the affected areas for nearly an hour-and-a-half. Water supply was affected in Vakola, Kalina and adjoining areas," he said, adding the BMC started repair work soon after receiving the complaints.
- MU issues showcause notice to S K Somaiya College
- Denied nod to sit with her special child in classroom, mother moves MSCPCR
- Judgment day today for couple caught on wrong side of new rape law
- Man accused of murder dies in custody, kin allege torture
- 2 BJP workers injured in firing
- 322 polling stations in Mumbai, suburbs ‘critical’