SSP ‘touches’ feet of SP gen secy
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi announces alliance with BJP
- NSCN-K plans revenge attack; high alert sounded across Northeast
- Pak Senate slams Modi's remarks, passes resolution
- Parrikar says those who 'fear India's new posture' have started reacting
- Airtel calls it ‘standard solution’, but experts say 'spy code' is illegal
Etah Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on camera when he visited the town on Wednesday. The SSP, who was in unform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about the SSP's act, Home Secretary JP Gupta said that the officer has denied touching the feet of Yadav and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching Yadav's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong. Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, who is son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency in the district.