SSP ‘touches’ feet of SP gen secy
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Etah Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on camera when he visited the town on Wednesday. The SSP, who was in unform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about the SSP's act, Home Secretary JP Gupta said that the officer has denied touching the feet of Yadav and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching Yadav's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong. Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, who is son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency in the district.