SSP ‘touches’ feet of SP gen secy
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Etah Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on camera when he visited the town on Wednesday. The SSP, who was in unform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about the SSP's act, Home Secretary JP Gupta said that the officer has denied touching the feet of Yadav and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching Yadav's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong. Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, who is son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency in the district.