SSP ‘touches’ feet of SP gen secy
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Etah Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on camera when he visited the town on Wednesday. The SSP, who was in unform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about the SSP's act, Home Secretary JP Gupta said that the officer has denied touching the feet of Yadav and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching Yadav's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong. Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, who is son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency in the district.