SSP ‘touches’ feet of SP gen secy
Etah Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on camera when he visited the town on Wednesday. The SSP, who was in unform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about the SSP's act, Home Secretary JP Gupta said that the officer has denied touching the feet of Yadav and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching Yadav's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong. Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, who is son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency in the district.
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover
- SIT may ask SC to lift stay on Gulberg massacre judgment
- An identity at last as 71 transgenders get Aadhaar cards
- Maruti Bhapkar is AAP candidate at Maval
- Mohali institute gets a shot in the arm as 22 students set to join NDA
- Sule to contest from Baramati, Mohite-Patil from Pawar’s Madha