St Xavier’s Chandigarh cagers emerge champions
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
In a low-scoring encounter, St Xavier's School, Chandigarh eves defeated St Xavier's School, Panchkula girls, 12-4, in the final to claim the 9th Emily Gosain basketball title played on Friday. The half-time score was 4-1.
Both the teams were defensive and rarely made attempts to score points. As a result, the final outcome was not what the respective teams had hoped for. Apoorva top scored for the winning with four points. However, Manjot turned out to be the top scorer of the final match but her effort (six points) came in a losing cause for the St Xavier's Panchkula team.
Earlier, in the semi-finals played in the morning, St Xavier's Chandigarh thrashed Strawberry Field School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, 36-16. The half-time score was 21-12 in favour of the St Xavier's team. Komal scored 17 teams for the winning team. In the second semi-final, St Xavier's Panchkula outplayed Ryan International School, Chandigarh, 14-4, in another low-scoring match. St Xavier's was leading 8-2 till the half time. Manjot of St Xavier's School, Chandigah, emerged as the best player of the tournament.
CLTA-AITA tennis meet from Dec 3
Chandigah:Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association will organise the CLTA-AITA Championship Series tennis tournament for boys and girls' Under-12 & 16 from December 3 to 7. The Qualifying matches for the event would be played on December 1 and 2. Players from different states would take part in the event. The response for the sign-in was good as a total of 208 players have signed-in for the qualifying event. Wild card for the main draw has been given to:
Boys: Under-12: Sehaj Sidhu, Udgam Aggarwal, Shreyas Chopra, Daksh Marwaha; Under-16: Rahul Seth, Rohit Kumar, Krishna Rajput, Prithvi Khanna (AITA);
Girls: Under-12: Adity Dogra, Bhavya Sangri; Under-16: Chetna Kumari, Taru Ahluwalia, Saumya Saxena, Akshita Singh.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today