St Xavierís church to celebrate Golden Jubilee
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
St Xavier's Church will celebrate 150 years of its existence on December 3. A nine-day celebration has been planned, culminating in the final feast day celebration.
The first mass was held in 1862 by Rev Fr Basil Haefey SJ and oldest parish activity was the conference in 1867 of St Vincent de Paul who also started St Vincent's School.
"We are in the process of restoring the church art, paintings, structure and building. Our challenge today is to restore and renew the church community so as to be ready for the observance of the 150th anniversary of St Xavier's," said Fr Bertie Rozario, Parish Priest.
He added, "The nine days of solemn prayers will attract many pilgrims from far and wide."
The Novena services will begin on November 24 till Feast day Mass on December 3.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy