Stage set for grand ceremony
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
A stage having three sections will welcome guests at the Sardar Patel cricket stadium in Navrangpura area of the city where Narendra Modi will take oath as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the fourth consecutive time on Wednesday.
The stage has been divided into three parts. The stage at centre will have seating arrangement for Modi, Governor Kamla Beniwal, the Secretary to the Governor and the Chief Secretary.
A seating arrangement for 95 VIPs and VVIPs forms the second part, where the front rows will be occupied by all the chief ministers and senior BJP leaders.
CMs like Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), J Jayalalithaa (Tamil Nadu), Shivraj Singh Chauhan (MP), Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh), Arjun Munda (Jharkhand) and Manohar Parrikar (Goa) are expected to attend the event.
According to sources, brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism Amitabh Bachchan is also expected to be at the venue.
The remaining rows will be reserved for other senior politicians and industrialists, while the third part will accommodate religious leaders.
"As per the current planning, there is no grand entry for Narendra Modi. Once all the dignitaries are seated, Modi will enter the stage. After meeting all the guests on both the sides of the main stage, he will take his seat and proceed for the swearing-in ceremony," said a senior GAD official who was present at the site.
The ceremony is expected to last 15-20 minute, after which Modi will take a round of the the stadium in a vehicle.
Ten multi-camera sets installed within the stadium will capture the ceremony and will beam it to four giant screens which are coming up in and around the stadium complex that has a capacity of 29,500. Over 12,000 BJP workers and office-bearers are expected to attend the ceremony.
As per plans, the ceremony will be telecast live in the different parts of the city, official sources said, adding that LED screens are planned to be installed at Law Garden, AMC Market (Navrangpura), Vastrapur Lake, Sabarmati Riverfront, Vijay Chowk (Bapunagar) and Memco Sports Complex.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat