Star cast of Patiala Dreamz in the city
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
The star cast of movie Patiala Dreamz reached the city on Saturday along with its 24-year-old director of the film Abhishek Saxena.
One of the youngest directors in the Punjabi film industry, Saxena said, "It is my directorial debut and the film is releasing on January 10."
Along with him, actors Sarwar Ahuja, Madalsa Sharma, Sardar Sohi, Amrit Pal Singh, Maninder Velly and producer Parminder Kapoor were present at Nizam-e-Khas.
The film crew announced that some part of the profit from this film would be donated to 'Roko Cancer' campaign.
Sarwar Ahuja, the lead actor who was the winner of reality show Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj, said, "The film revolves around young Garry (Sarvar) who is studying and having fun with friends in Canada. A girl from Patiala, Reet (Madalsa) enters his life during the college days. Garry has some old connection with Patiala which has been kept away from him. But he usually sees some old buildings and people in his dreams which are in Patiala. To get answers to these weird dreams, he goes to Patiala through Reet. This is the point where the story takes a big turn and Garry gets to know about Teja Singh (Sardar Sohi)."
The film has comedy, drama and suspense, he added.
"This film is going to give a new identity to my work," said Madalsa who is debuting in Punjabi cinema.