Star India CEO,Aamir Khan to be honoured for 'Satyamev Jayate'
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The National Commission for Scheduled Castes will honour Star India CEO Uday Shankar and bollywood actor Aamir Khan for their efforts to create awareness against social discrimination through television show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
The Commission will felicitate Shankar and Khan at an award function on October 18, being organised to mark the International Valmiki Day in New Delhi, Star India said in a statement.
Khan made his debut on small screen with the social issue-based show where he is seen highlighting several things like female foeticide, dowry, inter-caste marriage and others.
The show, which was on air for 13-weeks on Star India, was a narrative of real stories from across the country that touched millions of people.
"Satyamev Jayate was a natural evolution of content, given Star's steadfast and widening focus on socially relevant issues," STAR India CEO Uday Shankar said.
"This recognition will spur us to advance in this path of leveraging the power of TV to act as a change agent," he said.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Social, Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni, Chief Minister of Delhi Shiela Dixit and other eminent political and civil society leaders would attend the awards function, the statement added.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer