Star Wars' creator George Lucas engaged
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
``Star Wars'' creator George Lucas is engaged. A spokeswoman for Lucasfilm Ltd. says the 68-year-old director is engaged to 43-year-old investment firm president Mellody Hobson. No other details were provided. Hobson serves as chairman of DreamWorks Animation and is a financial contributor to ABC's ``Good Morning America.'' Lucas helped to launch the modern blockbuster age with his ``Star Wars'' sagas and ``Indiana Jones'' adventures. The original ``Star Wars'' still stands as the No. 2 film in terms of tickets sold domestically, behind only ``Gone with the Wind.''
Lucas has three children: Amanda, Katie and Jett. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lucas from 1969 to 1983.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within