Starbucks comes to Delhi, two outlets at airport
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
Expanding its reach to new markets in India, coffee chain Tata Starbucks on Thursday announced the opening of two of its outlets at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
An outlet will be opened near Gate 27 of the domestic terminal and another will be set up near Gate 15 of the international terminal of the airport, Tata Starbucks said in an statement. "With this launch, Starbucks forays into a new market segment and expands the number of stores, reaching more customers in the market," the statement said.
The store at the domestic terminal opened at 5 pm on Thursday, and the one at international terminal will open its doors to travellers at 3.30 pm on Friday.
Tata Starbucks chief executive officer Avani Saglani Davda said: "The launch at the New Delhi IGI Airport is consistent with our commitment to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We look forward to extending the Starbucks Experience and meeting the increasing demand for high quality coffee within travel channels in India."
"Starbucks plans to extend its presence in this segment with the launch of Starbucks stores at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by the end of March 2013," Tata Starbucks said.
The store will offer a differentiated breakfast menu, which will include vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches such as Mediterranean Foccasia with roast vegetables, wild mushroom pockets, chicken ham, roasted peppers ciabata in addition to a wide range of cakes, muffins, pastries, breads, wraps and savories. Additionally, the stores will offer an extensive beverage portfolio that includes a wide range of Starbucks signature beverages and Tata tea.
At the International terminal, the store will be open 24 hours and at the domestic terminal it will open from 5 am to 9 pm.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer