Starbucks comes to Delhi, two outlets at airport
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Expanding its reach to new markets in India, coffee chain Tata Starbucks on Thursday announced the opening of two of its outlets at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
An outlet will be opened near Gate 27 of the domestic terminal and another will be set up near Gate 15 of the international terminal of the airport, Tata Starbucks said in an statement. "With this launch, Starbucks forays into a new market segment and expands the number of stores, reaching more customers in the market," the statement said.
The store at the domestic terminal opened at 5 pm on Thursday, and the one at international terminal will open its doors to travellers at 3.30 pm on Friday.
Tata Starbucks chief executive officer Avani Saglani Davda said: "The launch at the New Delhi IGI Airport is consistent with our commitment to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We look forward to extending the Starbucks Experience and meeting the increasing demand for high quality coffee within travel channels in India."
"Starbucks plans to extend its presence in this segment with the launch of Starbucks stores at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by the end of March 2013," Tata Starbucks said.
The store will offer a differentiated breakfast menu, which will include vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches such as Mediterranean Foccasia with roast vegetables, wild mushroom pockets, chicken ham, roasted peppers ciabata in addition to a wide range of cakes, muffins, pastries, breads, wraps and savories. Additionally, the stores will offer an extensive beverage portfolio that includes a wide range of Starbucks signature beverages and Tata tea.
At the International terminal, the store will be open 24 hours and at the domestic terminal it will open from 5 am to 9 pm.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress