Starbucks, Tata Global stock link: MStanley
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Tata Global Beverages stock fell 2.9 per cent after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock to underweight from equal weight.
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks, which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios, Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe.
Company INFO More on Tata Global Beverages
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it