Starbucks, Tata Global stock link: MStanley
- 2002-03 Mumbai blasts: Three convicts including Muzammil Ansari awarded life sentence
- Delhi HC refuses to grant interim protection to Virbhadra Singh's children
- President's rule in Uttarakhand: HC rejects Centre's plea for adjournment
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 3: Bellary baron, tank tycoon, top industrialist
- Panama papers: Amid freeze in Iceland, warmth in Delhi
Tata Global Beverages stock fell 2.9 per cent after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock to underweight from equal weight.
Tata Global shares have nearly doubled this year, partly on hopes about its outlook as the joint venture partner of Starbucks, which has opened three coffee shops in India this year.
However, Morgan Stanley says the contribution from the Starbucks JV will be limited and recommends booking profits on Tata Global.
The business suffers from poor earnings visibility, weak brand/market positioning, a lack of pricing power, sluggish revenue growth and mediocre return ratios, Morgan Stanley says about Tata Global in a note dated on Monday.
Morgan Stanley also adds: Structurally this is one of the weakest businesses in our coverage universe.
Company INFO More on Tata Global Beverages
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes
- Shani Shingnapur faceoff: A State For Men
- Our metros are held together by the weak glue of Facebook ties
- New hydrocarbon policy is an improvement. But govt must address ‘softer’ operating issues
- VP Ansari's remarks on protecting minority rights have been made before. But they bear repeating
- Family planning is at the core of the mission to reduce maternal and child mortality