Starving tea workers want CM Mamata Banerjee's 'order' to die
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Trade unions, administrative officials and planters, so far, have played a very limited role in facilitating the reopening of the tea estate. According to CITU-backed Cha Bagan Mazdoor, the Dheklapara tea estate is reeling under immense financial woes that have forced the workers to write such a letter to the CM. "If CM fails to address this letter, we will meet her soon. These people have been left with no other option but to see their near and dear ones dying one after another due to starvation and malnutrition," said Robin Roy, secretary of the outfit.
- Cong appoints Harshad scam accused as chief of Mumbai Gujarati cell
- Militants kill PDP sarpanch in Valley
- VVIP chopper scam: CBI chief meets envoy in Italy
- In final run, Mavericks first hurdle for Spurs
- Injuries to Neymar, Alba add to Barcelona’s woes
- Rani Jhansi flyover: HC notices to civic body, Railways