State blacklists SBI Life for delaying payments
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Haryana's ambitious Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R & R) policy has hit a roadblock after the state government on Tuesday blacklisted the SBI Life Insurance Company and debarred it from doing any business with the government or any of its subsidiaries for three years on the grounds that the company had intentionally delayed the distribution of annuity to land owners.
The company failed to perform the collection and validation of the required data, which was one of the primary objectives assigned to it by the state government.
"The government withdrew and cancelled the bid awarded to the company for delaying the entire process of distribution of annuity to the land owners under the Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R) Policy of the state government," a finance department spokesperson stated.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.