State blacklists SBI Life for delaying payments
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Haryana's ambitious Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R & R) policy has hit a roadblock after the state government on Tuesday blacklisted the SBI Life Insurance Company and debarred it from doing any business with the government or any of its subsidiaries for three years on the grounds that the company had intentionally delayed the distribution of annuity to land owners.
The company failed to perform the collection and validation of the required data, which was one of the primary objectives assigned to it by the state government.
"The government withdrew and cancelled the bid awarded to the company for delaying the entire process of distribution of annuity to the land owners under the Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R) Policy of the state government," a finance department spokesperson stated.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?