State board plans to bring ITI on a par with Class X and XII
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
"The proposal will go a long way in paving the way for better future of ITI students," said Shashikant Patil, principal, ITI, PCMC. "Mostly, students belonging to low-income group join ITI and their first priority is job. But it was hard for them to enter main stream education after ITI. They used to take up various part-time diplomas as an alternative form of higher education," said Patil. "If the new proposal is passed, it will help them pursue higher education and in turn will help them fetch better jobs," added Patil.
He also said many girls want to go for higher education but they were unable to do so till now. "With equivalency, they can choose whatever they want to do and hence the decision will definitely help them get enrolled for higher education," said Patil.