State clears BDP plan for 23 villages
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
The state government on Saturday cleared the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) plan for a bio-diversity park (BDP) in 23 villages in and around Pune.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan late Saturday night held a meeting to clear the BDP plan.
Of the 23 villages identified for BDP, 16 are around Pune city and seven on the hillocks.
The total area covered for green development is 978.54 hectare of which 124 hectare is government land and 856 private land.
The government will set up a panel headed by Ahmedabad-based expert Dr A K Jain of CEPT to work out the plan. Details of transfer of developmental rights (TDR) and other aspects will be formulated soon. The development of the entire region will be tagged as "green development".