State floats fresh EoI for IT institute
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Selected industries unwilling to partner.
With selected industries not willing to join hands, the state higher and technical education department has floated fresh expression of interest (EoI) through the directorate of technical education to set up Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) under PPP (public-private-partnership).
There has already been considerable delay as the first EoI was floated last year. Another reason for the fresh EoI is the state plan to set up two IIITs.
"The aim of the fresh EoI is to identify industries willing to work under PPP. Shortlisted industries will be invited for further discussions to sign a memorandum of understanding," said a DTE official.
The ministry of human resource development has decided to set up 20 IIITs. The Centre, state governments and industry will be stakeholders in the IIITs, each of which will cost around Rs 128 crore.
"The first EoI to select an industry partner was floated in June 2011. With selected industries expressing unwillingness to collaborate and the state deciding to explore the possibility of establishing two institutes, one in Pune and another in Nagpur, a fresh EoI," says a notification.
Public sector industries with large research and development establishments can apply latest by January 27. Manufacturers with "demonstrated use of IT" can also apply. Partners should be members of an industry association and should have been in operation for at least five years.
"These should preferably be listed companies with good governance that are well regarded in the business community. Industries not listed must have demonstrated track record and good governance," say eligibility rules.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment