State govt considering Transfer of Development Rights to slum-dwellers: Bagul
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Congress leader Ulhas Bagul on Monday claimed that his suggestion of introducing a provision of issuing Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) to slumdweller — which would help many people coming forward for rehabilitation — is being considered by the government.
"The state government or a local civic body gives TDR to a builder for implementing slum rehabilitation scheme with floor space index (FSI) almost six times the cost of construing a building. Thus, I suggested that the TDR be given to slumdweller so that the affected persons can get rehabilitated at any place of their choice and also able to improve financial condition by selling the TDR to a builder," said Bagul.
He said the Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) has forwarded the proposal to state government after completing the process of seeking suggestion and objection with a favourable response from the civic body. Bagul said it was impossible to rehabilitate all the slumdwellers through the ongoing schemes in the city and more ways should be explored to ensure slumdwellers get rehabilitated at faster pace.