State IAS officer is new Financial Services secy
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services on Friday. A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO and replaced D K Mittal, who retired yesterday. Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later this month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 5. Prior to this, he was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.