Step-father rapes minor girl
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
UT police on Monday registered a case of a minor who was allegedly raped by her step father for the past nine months. The police is on the look for the father of the victim, Sushil Kumar, a resident of Mauli Jagran, after a complaint was filed by the mother.
Sushil Kumar, a taxi driver, allegedly raped his step-daughter four times while her mother was away. A medical examination of the minor was carried out, which confirmed rape.
One of the police officials said that the mother of the victim noticed that her daughter had been hesitant to talk to her step father for a long time. Also, she was reluctant to stay at home alone with her father. The mother of the minor while talking to the girl discovered that the girl was being sexually abused by her father.
In March, during Holi, the victim's mother had left the minor alone with her father. Also, she left the child when she made a trip to Tirupathi Temple for some days.
The police officials said that the victim's mother had an altercation with her husband Sushil Kumar whom she had married six years ago after getting a divorce from her first husband. The minor victim was born from her first marriage.
On Sunday night the victim's mother had an altercation with her second husband following which she filed a complaint when he left for work.