Steve Jobs' dream before he died 'was to design iCar'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Apple's visionary co-founder Steve Jobs' final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its 'iCars'.
According to a report by Business Insider, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly told the 'Times', during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to ''take on Detroit''.
According to the 'Daily Mail', longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J Crew, confirmed the report, saying 'Steve''s dream before he died was to design an iCar.'
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple's largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driver-less car, as it's most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun